Intex 1,600 gph / 0.5 hp Sand Filter Pump and Saltwater Pool System 56677EG Description
The Intex 1,600 Sand and Saltwater Filter Pump System combines the low operating cost of a sand filter pump with a saltwater chlorine generator system to create the ultimate pool filter pump. This filter pump does everything you need to keep your pool Krystal Clear plus you will get to avoid the cost of constantly changing expensive filter cartridges and will never have to buy or deal with harsh packaged chlorine. The Intex 1,600 Gallon Sand / Saltwater Pool Filter utilizes all natural, inexpensive sand to do an excellent job of filtering particles plus the sand only needs replaced about every 5 years. The Intex Saltwater System uses residential water softener salt in its unique two stage process to generate low but effective levels of chlorine and copper ions to sanitize and destroy pool bacteria and algae. The amount of natural salt required in your pool will create salt levels at only one-tenth as much as ocean water, so swimmers won't see, feel, or smell any salt. They will only feel incredibly clean, fresh soft water. A built-in 24-hour timer controls both the sand and the saltwater system to make daily pool maintenance carefree and easy. Installation is simple, just add sand, add salt to your pool, hook-up the hoses, plug it in and go. All hoses and clamps needed to install the Intex Sand Filter with Saltwater System are included. Sand and salt are NOT included but can be easily purchased, inexpensively at any local hardware store. Intex sand / saltwater filters are one of the easiest and lowest cost pool filtration options on the market. The Intex 14 Inch Sand and Saltwater Filter Pump uses a powerful 0.5 hp motor to pump 1,600 gallons of water per hour which will provide fast filtration for most Intex pools with 1-1/2 inch filter hoses with threaded hose connections. Fits Intex 18 foot Easy Set pools, 18 foot Metal Frame Pools, 20 x 12 foot Oval Frame pools and Intex 16 - 24 foot Ultra Frame round and rectangular pools. The Intex Saltwater System with 1,600 gph Sand Filter Pump is a perfect replacement pump for pools with an Intex 1,500 cartridge filter pump or a 1,600 sand filter pump. Includes 2 year manufacturer warranty.
Instruction Manual: Intex 1600 Sand Filter and Saltwater System
Specs of Intex Krystal Clear 1600 / 0.5 hp Sand and Saltwater Filter Pump System 56677EG
- Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Model 56677EG
- Powerful Pump 0.5 HP Pump - Flow rate of 1,600 gallons per hour
- Saltwater Chlorine Generator - Uses the salt in your pool to generate low, but effective levels of chlorine and copper ions to destroy pool bacteria and algae
- Built-In Pump Timer - 24 hour timer automatically cleans your pool everyday even if you're away on vacation
- Simple Installation - Add salt to your pool, add sand to your pump, hook-up the hoses, plug it in and go
- Sand Filter Pumps help you avoid the cost of constantly changing expensive filter cartridges
- 14 inch Tank Diameter - Requires about 55 lbs of No. 20 grade silica sand
- Sand and water softener salt are NOT included but can be easily purchased inexpensively at any local hardware store
- Includes all hoses and clamps needed to install to your pool with 1.5 inch hose fittings
- Fits Intex 18 ft Easy Set and Metal Frame Pools
- Fits 16 - 18 ft Ultra Frame Pools
- Also fits 18 x 9 ft Ultra Frame and 20 x 12 ft Oval Frame Pools
- Perfect replacement filter pump for the Intex 1,500 gph filter pump or 1,600 gph sand pump
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Includes GFCI Breaker (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) that will quickly shuts off the electricity to prevent electrical shocks
- Six Function Control: filter, backwash, rinse, recirculate, drain and close system
- Includes skimmer basket that makes cleaning easy and prolongs life of sand
- Ergonomic handle for easier operation
- Heavy duty tank and durable pump enclosure for more protection
- Touch-sensitive control panel allows users to pre-program operating hours
- Keypad locking system ensures settings are not changed
- Shipping Weight - 61 lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
How much salt should be used?
What is the life of the 1600 Sand and Saltwater Pump?
What is your suggestion on 1600 Sand and Saltwater Pump maintenance?
Can we use the pool while the 1600 Sand and Saltwater Pump is operating? Is it safe?
We work hard to make sure that every order placed Monday - Friday leaves our warehouse the same day, if ordered before 5pm EST. Our quick processing time and fast UPS delivery options help your order get there fast.
UPS Ground Delivery Times
Your order typically leaves our warehouse within one business day and then takes an additional one to five business days to arrive at your doorstep. View the UPS ground map below to estimate transit time to your home.
Backorder Shipping Information - Will Ship
This item is currently out of stock but don't worry we have more on the way. Order Today and we'll ship your item on or before . Pools are moving super-fast this summer so don't miss out on your chance to enjoy a backyard vacation. We'll make sure your order leaves our warehouse the same day we get stock available again and then it will take an additional one to five business days to arrive at your doorstep.